Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Is In the Air!

Hello Everyone! Its Liz - just dropping in to share some layouts I made with my new kit. I have to say that although Christmas is my most favorite time of the year... its not my favorite to scrap. But I love these papers from the Crate Paper line so much that it made it super easy for me!


Lets start with my first layout.... thats not really a layout! I get so many holiday cards every year and I never know what to do with them. I came across this idea to make a pocket for your kids school projects and thought it would make a great Christmas card holder as well!


The pocket was really simple to make. I just added a few foam pop dots to the side to give it some room.... I have a feeling it will get pretty full!
And here is how it looks with a card that one of my scrappy friends made for me recently!
Everything here was included in the kit except for the thickers!


And now a REAL layout :)

Yes that is little Liz in 1983... I was 2 year old. I still remember the fisher price barn set I got that year! I added some Dear Lizzy rose ribbon to the bottom to (hopefully!) look like snow. Layered the thickers right on top. Made the tree from some paper and a little stickles on the scalloped edges.
Its certainly starting to feel a lot like Christmas to me now! (Today was -21 here with the wind chill) Happy Holidays to all... and hope you have a wonderful New Years as well :)


Don't forget to check out all the new goodies in the store... and stock up on some Christmas paper for all the pictures I'm sure you will be taking next weekend!


-Liz Michaud (www.invitesbyliz.blogspot.com)

4 comments:

  1. I love your projects, Liz! Great idea to make a card pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects - that little tree is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, Liz!
    Love, your "scrappy friend"
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love it and love those thickers with those papers! Great idea for the card holder!

    ReplyDelete